Penne With Roasted Asparagus
- 1 lb. penne
- 1 lb. asparagus
- 5 tablespoons Natural Butter Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons 25 Star Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 1/3 cup toasted hazelnuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 400°. Cut off the tough ends of the asparagus and discard them. Cut the spears into 1 inch pieces. Put the asparagus on a baking sheet and toss with Natural Butter Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and pepper. Roast until tender for 10 minutes.
Cook the penne in a large pot of boiling, salted water until just done for 13 minutes. Drain the pasta and toss with the 25 Star Balsamic Vinegar, asparagus, parmesan, and toasted hazelnuts.
Serve with additional parmesan.
Recipe Reference: Food & Wine Book